Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks and LongReachEthernet LRE

akoussan
Level 1
Level 1

hi ,

I have Cisco works with Campus Manager 3.1 ,Resource Manager Essentials 3.3 ,

The problem is : CiscoWorks 2000 couldnot be able to discover the 2912 LRE switch !!!!

I checked the supported devices in Campus Manager , LRE switches not their

also , I couldnot find anything about how to make the Ciscoworks2000 discover the Long Reach Ethernet switches ...

PLZ any one have Idea about this ...

Note that in the newest versions ..also there is no support for LRE

thanks

7 Replies 7

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

When you say that Campus 3.1 is not discovering this 2912-LRE switch, does it show up on the map with a "?" or else?. Have you checked the CDP/SNMP setting on the device and in Campus?. Also have a look at:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/477/Campus/ani.shtml

akoussan
Level 1
Level 1

hi ,

Yes, I can See LRE switch with " ? " ,but I cannot see the other End , I mean the LRE is connected to 2950 through Cisco 575 , I cannot see the 2950 !!!

I'm sure about the configuration because CiscoWorks can see every device in my Network except the LRE !!

I'm wondering if there is some patch file I can add to ciscoworks so that it can show the LRE switches and then the other switches connected to it.

if there such a thing ,I really need it :)

thanks

Seeing LRE as a ? means that Campus does not recoganize this device. What is the sysObjectID of this LRE switch?

I couldnot find the Obiect ID , but this is the Model number: WS-C2912-LRE-XL

In the CiscoWorks ver 4 I saw that this device is not supported , even in ver 5 .

I hope if there is some patch I can add to the ciscoworks for LRE switches ..

aha, I found also in addition to LRE switches these Modules also cannot be found by the campus manager :

1- Gigabi ethernet Module (RJ-45) : WS-C6516-GE-TX

2- Escon Card for VXR router : PA-4C-E

I dont know if there is something to do with these modules!!!!!!!!

best regards

xaonline
Level 1
Level 1

sorry ! i can not answer you question.

can you tell me where have ciscoworks2000 download?

thanks

my email:lb_xa@sohu.com

you cannot download CiscoWorkks 2000 , you have to buy

How much?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card