cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks Restore.

mark.egan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I'm trying to do a restore in CiscoWorks. It has been running for the last 3 hours and the restore log file is now 50mb in size. Should it take this long?

4 Replies 4

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What was the size of your backup? How many devices were you managing?

Can you do a tail -f on the log to see what the latest messages are?

Sorry should have given more info in the original post. Running ciscoworks on windows2003 server. Backup folder size is 11 gigs in size. I manage around 300 devices.

Which version of LMS is this? Did the restore ever stop? What are the last entries in the log?

john.sobrinho
Level 1
Level 1

few things you should validate..

1 - make sure your last back up was good so look at the dbbackup.log file

2 - if u rebuild the cw2k box, make sure that your directory structures, options and versions are the same

3 - do have a look at the dbrestore.log file as it could tell u the failure reason. I have had some problematic experiences with LMS 2.2 with straight forward restores, and log file was helpful. Also I did find that process may hang at the end of the restore with no reson or error, in this scenario compare the restore log to bakc up log for clues if the restore looks complete u r probably ok.

4 - I have also experienced hangs during software image library restore portion. If i remember correctly u can edit the restoredb.pl file to skip it, at least in this manner you can get your configs back. IF u do need an ios u can manually extract it out of the tar file after the fact when u need it, and re-import it in

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: