cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Citrix ICA plugin for the ASA - anyone used it?

whiteford
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have installed the ICA plugin on my ASA so I can use Citrix over clientless SSL. I get the logon page for citrix and enter my password but it says:

"You do not have the proper encryption level to access this session"

Plus it looks like it's using 16 colours, where can I change all these settings like the normal ICA client?

I also what to be able to use published applications.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

mlinzbach
Level 1
Level 1

The default Citrix portal page tells you what you need to know for controlling color depth, published applications and the like:

The Citrix plugin allows access to the corporate MetaFrame servers from any Sun Java 1.4+ equipped browser.

The format of the URL is

ica://server[:port]/[?parameters]

The port is optional, its default value is 1494

The parameters are optional, possible keys are

* Address - published application

* InitialProgram - published application starting with #

* TWIMode - if set to on, enables seamless windows

* Domain - the name of the domain for the user name

* Language - causes the GUI to appear in a language other than a language of hte client device

* DesiredHRes - Desired window width

* DesiredVRes - Desired window height

Refer to the citrix admin guide for further instructions and parameters:

Link to the citrix admin guide http://support.citrix.com/servlet/KbServlet/download/6284-102-12977/ICAJava.pdf

As an example ica://citrix.domain.local/?DesiredColor=4&DesiredHRes=1024&DesiredVRes=768&InitialProgram=#Notepad would launch a 16 bit color session with a 1024x768 window and would start the published application Notepad.

HTH

Great reply,

I need to get this ICA plugin to use 128bit encryption.

I have just opened up my full-blown ICA client on my PC and the encryption is set to the default of 128bit.

I just tried using the ica://citrixip/Encryptionvalue=2 but it didn't work.

Should I editing the html page?

Sorry I'm not following why you'd want to edit the html page. I'd try either passing the parameters you want in the address bar OR adding a boookmark type ICA and have the parameters on that URL.

Please ensure you've followed the howto instructions for ICA plugin located here: http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/asa.

TAC have told be it's a bug (bud id = CSCsm71691) and there is no fix other than using the SSL VPN client.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card