cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSM 4.4 SP1 Licensing problem

Pivado
Level 1
Level 1

I just did a clean install of CSM 4.4 and during the install I selected my CSMST10 device license.

Right after CSM 4.4 was installed I upgraded it to SP1.

Then I logged into de Common Services website to enter my supplemental license.

But the link to licensing doesn't appear in the interface. (Not in the menu and not in the SiteMap, see attachments)

According to all documentation it should be under "Admin" and then between the options "Log Rotation" and "Collect Server Information"

Has anyone else had this issue?

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It's not well documented but the procedure you are looking for is only used for the initial license installation (if it was not already supplied during installation).

For a license update, you need to first copy the license file onto the server itself and then use the Configuration Manager client and go under Tools, Security Manager Administration, Licensing as described here. That will lead you to the screen below (click to expand image) where you can select the license update file.

Hope this helps. Please rate helpful replies.

When I ordered CSM I received 2 licenses:

1. L-CSMST10-4.2-K9 Cisco Security Manager 4.2 Standard - 10 Device Limit

2. L-CSMST10-PAK4 CS Mgr 4.0 Enterprise Std 10 - Supplemental Pack

The first license I loaded during installation, which went just fine (and in the Configuration Manager Client you can see that it is loaded).

The second one I tried to load using the Configuration Manager Client like you explained but then I get the error message that you have to load it via de common services via "Server Administration", "Server", "Admin", "Licensing". But like I explained and you can see in the pictures that I don't get that option in the interface. I you click on the "Admin" link you get a screen with the features that should be there, but they are "none clickable". So the Licensing link should be there but somehow it isn't.

The Licensing link is not available on my CSM 4.4 server web page either. I don't have a 4.3 installation handy to see if they broke/changed that with 4.4.

If the CM client documented method isn't working, I'd suggest a TAC case. Even if you don't have Smartnet support, the TAC global licensing team should support new license activation procedures.

The license page is also not available in 4.3. Seems to be related to the new gui in 4.3. However in 4.2 the license page is available in the administration page (menu on the left)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: