Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CSM 4.4 SP2 Multi-context active on different host ASAs

We have a pair of ASA 5585-SP20 deployed as a 'failover pair' but in Multi-Context mode, with two contexts active on the 'A' device and two on 'B.'  I Discovered 'A' from the network, and then did Discover Policies on it, and now have the 5 contexts (counting 'admin') in CSM.  I then Discovered 'B.'  But when I Discover Policies on 'B' it find nothing more than the device (I *have* checked the NAT Policies|Policies and Objects etc. checkboxes).I am a little surprised that CSM doesn't at least list the 'admin' context for 'B'. 

I understand that the Contexts are really the devices, and that CSM deploys to the Active context (and yes I have added IPs etc. for the contexts so it *can* talk to them.)   I also recall reading that the 'active' device for each must be included to deploy to contexts on that device, so do I simply need to remember to include 'B' if I am deploying to one of the contexts active on the 'B' box?

Thanks - Paul

Everyone's tags (1)
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content