cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Device Names

dcwalker
Level 1
Level 1

I have upgraded to LMS 2.1 (CM 3.2 , RME 3.4) and found it won't recognise the SysName (Bug CSCdw66262 as described in the release notes (known problems)).

It does store the sysname because it can be displayed in the topology map as a label.

To work around this problem I need to export the IP address and sysname. I will store that in the servers hosts file.

The Device Attributes in the topology map doesn't display the sysname. The export from the file menu doesn't show the sysname either. CWEXPORT works on the RME database and I want to get the CM database instead (some devices aren't in RME).

Anyone got any ideas?

2 Replies 2

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

CSCdw66262 is fixed in the latest CM 3.2 IDU v3-0 as listed in CM32.IDU.v3-0.win.readme.pdf (page 13, Table 3). You can get it from: http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cw2000-campus

You can also get the Beta version of CM 3.3 from the above URL as well, if you want to play with it.

Our SE said that as well, but I applied that patch (and the associated CMF patch) yesterday. I wiped the database and ran the discovery but it didn't help.

I'll check and see if the patch went in,. I'll check the "About", it displays the versions and patches applied.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card