Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

Dynamic Router and Secure Client VPN to Static Router VPN

I am trying to implement two kinds of VPNs terminating on a Cisco router, with a static IP, running 12.4.6T code. The first VPN is from a Cisco Router (IOS 12.4.X) that gets its public IP dynamically (via PPPoE). The second is a Cisco Secure Software Client.

I have created an isakmp key for the address 0/0 with no-xauth and I have also created a separate key under the crypto isakmp client config.

With both keys defined, I am able to connect with the remote Cisco Router, but the Soft Client fails. The Soft Client fails to connect until I remove the isakmp key for 0/0, but then my remote Cisco Router fails to connect.

I would like to continue to use PSK for the router and the client. Is there a work around or a piece I am overlooking that would allow these two dynamic configurations to work?

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Dynamic Router and Secure Client VPN to Static Router VPN

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content