cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Easy VPN problem

godzilla0
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, a costumer is trying to connect to our concentrator from a linux box with the vpn cisco client for linux and we are getting this output on the 2800 debug: (see attached file )

Any hints ? Thank you !

5 Replies 5

Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

It appears to be a user credential issue:

*Jul 17 15:11:17.376: ISAKMP:(4274):Input = IKE_MESG_FROM_AAA, PRESHARED_KEY_REPLY

*Jul 17 15:11:17.376: ISAKMP:(4274):Old State = IKE_R_AM_AAA_AWAIT New State = IKE_R_AM2

For a config verification check:

http://cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/iosswrel/ps6537/ps6586/ps6635/ps6659/prod_white_paper0900aecd80313bf2.pdf

Please rate if this helped.

Regards,

Daniel

What you mean with "credential" that's pretty cryptic for me. Could you explain what kind of problem may be involved ¿?

Ok, for Easy VPN you have a group name and password, and then you have a username and password for to authenticate the user.

I think at this moment the user is not using the correct password. Have you configured any TACACS/RADIUS authentication or you configured the users/pass using "username" command on the rotuer?

Regards,

Daniel

We did with all the config with "username".

But the costumer is trying with the right pass . . I think is another kind of problem . .

Can you attach the router config (but remove all the public IPs and the passwords).

Regards,

Daniel

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card