cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Easy way to transition from VPN 3005 to ASA 5520?

spfister336
Level 2
Level 2

We're considering replacing a pair of PIX 525s and a pair of VPN 3005s with a single pair of ASA 5520s. I'm looking at the configuration changes that will be needed. The PIX side seems pretty easy... I've run the PIX-to-ASA conversion utility on the config, and it looks like only a few changes are needed. Is there any kind of utility or process like that on the VPN side? I didn't set the VPN 3005s up originally, and it will be a bit of work to set the vpn stuff on the ASA and make sure all features are copied over.

Thanks!

--Steve

1 Reply 1

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Steve,

Have not come across any VPN3k to ASA conversiont utility, I do not believe there is one. The most you can find is mapping topics between the two platforms as seen in link bellow.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa70/vpn3000_upgrade/upgrade/guide/migr_vpn.html

You will have to build what is in vpn3k onto the ASA manually, but you should be able to run both the VPN3k and ASA in parallel and gradually migrate any l2l ipsec tunnels, ra tunnels onto the new ASAs.

Regards

Jorge Rodriguez
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: