cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Excellent management software? (2)

matt-morris
Level 1
Level 1

(not trying to flame...I accidentally posted this on the wrong board earlier...)

I'm new to my position and have been asked to find a network performance managment package for my company to use. I've searched around and found a few different solid offerings, but was really intrigued by a solution from BMC Software consisting of 2 tools. I found a free download of one of their solutions (www.bmc.com/solutions/network) and some pretty interesting white papers and online demos of the other...I was wondering if anyone out there is using these tools (apparently they're pretty new) and if not if one of you more seasoned veterans would download the trial and let me know what you think I'd certainly appreciate it.

Thanks -- Matt

1 Reply 1

ROBERT WATSON
Level 1
Level 1

I've evaluated BMC Patrol for Networks and am truly not that impressed for trending, metrics and bottleneck alerts with much more customization you may want to look at Concord eHealth (not cheap), for inventory and configuration management CiscoWorks (for cisco networks) Network Fault and emergency response something like tivoli or Openview (if you want to Kiss it go for What's up Gold) BMC Patrol is an Excellent Server Side Application but relatively new and untested in the NMS arena. All in one packages ae hard to come by but bring the venders down and let em pitch ya see what features you need vs what is offered.

CCNP, CCDA

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card