Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower 6.2.0 / ASDM Syslog timestamp question

Pat Fahey
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I am working my way through the 45-day eval of an ASA5506 Firepower IPS and have resolved most of the problems.  One issue still remains:

Even though ">show time" displays correct time for both UTC and local, all syslog messages are stamped with UTC.

I need either local timestamp on syslog messages, or no timestamp at all.  

Looking through posts here and other config documents, I've seen that syslog timestamp can be disabled in FMC, but I only have access to ASDM (or CLI) for configuration work.

So ... is there a way to either disable syslog timestamps, or change them to local time, using ASDM or CLI?

Thanks in advance for your help.

4 Replies 4

Did you ever figure it out? I am having the same issue.

FP version 6.2.2 using ASDM 7.8(2)

syslog by its nature uses UTC at the message level. It is up to each local system to interpret the messages with any offset as needed.

Perhaps reply with something helpful next time?

Most systems convert the time stamp for you or give you an option too. In my case I ended up using splunk to convert the time stamp. 

He actually did reply with something useful. He checked the RFC and replied to you as such.  Marvin Rhoads is pretty respected in the community with 13,000 posts over 16+ years. In my experience, he seldom replies without thinking it through first. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card