Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FS-VMW-10-SW-K9

what is the minimum requirement for deploying FS-VMW-10-SW-K9 ?

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

For the VM the hardware requirements are 8 GB of RAM, 4 vCPUs and 250 GB of storage (thin provisioned is OK).

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/quick_start/vmware/fmcv/FMCv-quick/intro-virtual.html#pgfId-2914885

If you want to use the Threat intelligence feed feature in 6.2.2 then you need 16 GB of memory.

If it is a new order, you should be using the new Smart licensing-enabled part numbers (like "SF-FMC-VMW-10-K9").

Hi Marvin. i have doubts to FMC (VMWARE) for 3 or more sensors.

Right now I have 2 sensors integrated to an FMC but soon I will be adding a 3rd and 4th sensor.
My query is what should be done or validated to make the FMC support more sensors?

FMC v 6.2.0

ASA5525 v6.2.0

FTD5506x v6.2.0

The new sensor will be like FTD5506

What FMC license do you currently own?

If you have the 10 device license you simply add the devices via the normal registration process.

If you only have the 2 device license you have to purchase the higher tier before you have a right to use the product for more devices.

The FMC VM is the same and the licensing (for classic licenses) is right-to-use since release 6.0. (i.e. there is no license file or PAK)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card