cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Getting Error: HTTP Status 404 - Cisco ISE 3395 Version 1.1.4.218

maker
Level 1
Level 1

Hello ALL, I receive the following error message after I connected ISE 3395 via HTTPS "HTTP Status 404 - Cisco ISE 3395 Version 1.1.4.218". Version 1.1.4.218 is installed. This couldn't be a Firefox or IE8 issue, because I have connected another ISEs (2x3355 and 1x 3395) via the same Firefox and IE8 session and all is working fine.

Did you have any ideas? Any help appreciated.

Kind regards,

Matthias               

5 Replies 5

ajc
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Mathias, I went through exactly the same issue and I solved it. I was doing some changes on my deployment and decided to reset the config on the device even though I got a warning in the screen from the ISE about this process.

Once I cleared the config using the following command, I started having this issue with any browser (IE, Firefox, Chrome).

Did you apply the command on the device: application reset-config ise?

Based on the TAC Engineer there is no reason identified for this error message so the only solution they suggested was to re-image the device using the link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.0.4/install_guide/ise104_postins.html#wp1158843

BUT, the DVD that came with my ISE Appliance did not work so I had to create a new DVD in order to reboot the ISE and perform the re-imaging (Option 1 - Cisco Identity Services Engine Installation). For this, I had to download the ISO for my version (1.1.3.124) from Cisco.com and create the DVD using ImgBurn. Once you do this, you will need to recreate the certificate for the ISE, reconfigure the Database Admin Password + Database User Password (this 2 parameters MUST be the same for all the appliances in the deployment so you should have available this info at the time of the setup). You also need the DNS domain information, NTP Server IP, DNS IP, Default Gateway, System Time Zone, etc.

I am creating a detailed procedure for this with some screenshots because the information on the Web omits some additional steps.

Important to mention that if your ISE appliance with the issue is the Primary Node for Admin and MNT in your deployment you would have to make some changes on the roles (personas) because you are practically deregistering this node and the database information must be transferred to a new primary node ADM/MNT. Evaluate your situation in order to take the best decision.

By the way, I am using ISE Appliance 3395.

Hope this help you

AC

Was this box working fine before? Did you make any changes before landing into this issue like promoting from secondary to primary?

~BR
Jatin Katyal

**Do rate helpful posts**

~Jatin

Yes, I was promoting secondary to primary and something else. Once I finished this and tried to access the devices using a Browser, I got the 404 error message. The point is that reset-config ise command DOES NOT work properly and you have to re-image the cisco appliance in order to recover it.

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did you ever reser the ISE config. If yes, then you are hitting the below listed defect:

CSCug1813

Getting http status 404 once after done with reset-config ise

~BR
Jatin Katyal

**Do rate helpful posts**

~Jatin

yes, I did it. That's why I got the error message and then went through the re-imaging which worked fine. Now the ISE Deployment is working fine.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card