Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

How can I use Ciscoworks to monitor the static NAT with existing setup ?

Hi Sir,

I have setup the customer according to the network diagram attached and details as below. Now Service Provider would like to monitor the customer (7Elvn) network.

Network Infra. Setup (Currently working infra and please refer to Network Diagram attached);

1) Primary link is using DSL and Backup link is using ISDN. Both DSL and ISDN is provider from single service provider.

2) Both st103 and st104 are branches to 7Elvn, HQ. Every time, branch is power up will be using new IP addresses from either DSL (from BRAS) or ISDN PE (IP VPN). In this case, the DSL link is configured as the main primary link and ISDN as their backup link.

3) The HQ will access the branches via the Dynamic DNS using the branches name instead of the branches IP addresses. In this case, the branch name - st103. Please refer to attach for the branch and HQ sample configuration.

4) We are using static NAT (with port number) to NAT the branch internal POS terminal to respective primary and backup link.

The question is how can we monitor the customer branches and HQ via a Ciscoworks with the following requirements ?

1) Maintaining above network infrastructure setup.

2) Can we use back the static NAT with dummy loopback interface mainly for NMS purposes ? Meaning that, the new loopback will be the nat inside also and additional static nat command to primary and backup link using port number 161 & 162. Don’t know whether these commands can be configure in or not ?

Sample config:

ip nat inside source static tcp 1.1.1.1 161 interface BRI0 161 > new cmd for NMS

ip nat inside source static 192.168.1.10 interface Dialer1 > existing cmd.

ip nat inside source static tcp 1.1.1.1 161 interface Dialer1 161 > new cmd for NMS

3) If not, what is the alternative or the best solution ?

4) The NMS must have full reachability if position it at the customer HQ.

Thanks in advance and awaiting for your expert advice.

Raymond

• Security Management
2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: How can I use Ciscoworks to monitor the static NAT with exis

CiscoWorks Routed WAN Management Solution for eitherWindows or Solaris platforms.

IPM requires that the SA Agent feature of Cisco IOS run in at least one of the routers in a network path managed by IPM. Table 1 summarizes the Cisco IOS releases that contain the SA Agent feature, which means IPM may use these routers as source routers.

If Cisco IOS Release 11.2 is running on the router, then the following release levels are required:

Recommended: Release 11.2(18) or greater with the SA Agent feature

Minimum: Release 11.2(18) with the SA Agent feature

If Cisco IOS Release 11.3 is running on the router, then the following release level is required:

Recommended: Release 11.3(11) or greater with the SA Agent feature

Minimum Release: 11.3(6) or greater with the SA Agent

If Cisco IOS Releae 12.1 is running on the router, then the following release level is required:

Recommended: Release 12.1(1) or greater with the SA Agent

Minimum Release: 12.1(3) or greater with the SA Agent

Re: How can I use Ciscoworks to monitor the static NAT with exis

Hi Sir,

Thanks for your input. Yes, I did turned on both on the HQ & branch, it's working perfectly with IPM and the network infrastructure that I have setup (at BRAS primary & ISDN secondary running dynamic assigned IP by service provider. Also no IP Tunnel/IPsec being enable in between).

Thanks,

Raymond

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.