cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How To Build Ciscoworks system after a Crash ?

falkaabi
Level 1
Level 1

HI i am new to ciscoworks 2000 , i want to build a stratergy to take the back up of the ciscoworks server but i dont no what all to take the back up , which directories to take backup and configuration files, and after taking the back up what all changes need it be done to make my system up and running like Normal.

3 Replies 3

nhabib
Level 9
Level 9

You need to schedule backups from within CiscoWorks, and then save the folder / directory that is created.

Depending on which platform / version you are running, the folders / directories vary.

Check out the Common Services documentation for additional information regarding backups:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/cw2000/cw2000_d/index.htm

I am using Ciscoworksserver 2000 on Windows platform ,and i have schedule the backup within the ciscoworks server to take the backup weekly onces, and it is taking the backup .My question is if my System go for Toss then how can i bring my system up and running and what should i need to do for reconfiguring the system.like install hte ciscoworks server again and do configuration or .

the backup which i am takign is enough to make my system up and running like Normal before,do all te devices will coem up and all the inventory configuratin will be there in the RME.if anyone can help me out then it is sort of GREAT Help. Thank you.

You would simply have to reinstall the application and restore the CiscoWorks backup.

The command line utility is called restorebackup.pl, and resides in CSCOpx/bin.

It will restore the devices and configs, etc

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card