Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure "view-only" priviliges on Catalyst Device Manager

dschmitz87
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

a customer want a user which has view-only rights on his catalyst switches. I created a user whit privilige level 7.

If you log into the CLI everything is fine. But by trying to log into the web page the system wants a level 15 user.

Is their any possibility to grant the level 7 user "view-only" rights on the Catalyst Device Manager?

Thanks.

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

a customer want a user which has view-only rights on his catalyst switches. I created a user whit privilige level 7.

If you log into the CLI everything is fine. But by trying to log into the web page the system wants a level 15 user.

Is their any possibility to grant the level 7 user "view-only" rights on the Catalyst Device Manager?

Thanks.

Thanks.

Hi,

Check out the below link for SDM for read only user configuration

http://conft.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/cisco_router_and_security_device_manager/application/notes/SDMcli.pdf

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Remember to rate the helpful post

Unfortunantly I don't have a router. The customer has catalyst switches and they only have the catalyst device manager not the SDM.

have you tried parser view ?

Thanks for your hint. But the problem is that I don't now which comannd I have to use, to get the web-view working.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: