cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to make ASDM-IDM Launcher work on Win7 64bit

rhienwei2010
Level 1
Level 1

I installed ASDM-IDM Launcher ver 1.5(50), on a Win7 64bit PC. It launched the page to ask me to input ASA IP and login credentials.  After I did that, it passed the login authentication, then the window closed off, anothing else came up.  My ASA is on ASDM 6.4. and I change jav size as cisco website advised, but no luck.

How on earth do I need to do to make ASDM-IDM launcher work on Win7?  Geting very frustrated with Win7 to just make such a simple thing work on it.

Thanks a lot.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dasuntha Dinesh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I m using the same ASDM-ADM Launcher version on a Windows 7 64 bit PC & it's working fine. Try it by changing the User Account Control Settings to never notify level. And maybe you need to reboot your pc as well after the changes..

Regards, Dasuntha

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Dasuntha Dinesh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I m using the same ASDM-ADM Launcher version on a Windows 7 64 bit PC & it's working fine. Try it by changing the User Account Control Settings to never notify level. And maybe you need to reboot your pc as well after the changes..

Regards, Dasuntha

Thanks a lot.  Your method worked.  By default, Win7 thinks we are all IT-idiots.

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I use ASDM all the time on a Win7 64-bit PC.

What's your Java version?

Can you confirm that ASDM works with that ASA on other machines?

thanks for your post.  the issue is fixed.  it's Win7 User Account Control Settings made all those troubles.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card