cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to prevent/allow admin access from certain ip address.

endpoint
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

trying to setup the following scenario:

have a user BOB created in Cisco ACS 4.2

have several network devices with different management IP addresses  all added in Cisco ACS 4.2

want to be able to allow BOB to access network devices only if BOB's access request is coming from one ip address 1.1.1.1

If BOB is trying to access network devices from any other ip addresses, the request should be denied regardless of the fact that BOB has full access to all network devices.

Is there a way to acomplish this using Cisco ACS 4.2

Appreciate your input.

Regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I'm not sure how or if you can do this using ACS. You MIGHT be able to use the Network Access Restriction feature although I've never tried it. Reference.

It would be easy to just put an access-list on the devices' vty lines though restricting access to 1.1.1.1. (although that would affect all users.)

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I'm not sure how or if you can do this using ACS. You MIGHT be able to use the Network Access Restriction feature although I've never tried it. Reference.

It would be easy to just put an access-list on the devices' vty lines though restricting access to 1.1.1.1. (although that would affect all users.)

It is actually possible, thanks for your doc reference:

in ACS setup AAA client user will be allowed to call from

in ACS setup NAR (devices you want to allow access to);

create user in ACS

configure user access in ACS:

allow access to required NARs

define IP - based access restrictions

Permitted calling / point of access locations

enter AAA client from which user will call (* for ports and * for ip address)

Save and test

In failed attempts you should see Authentication failure code "Users access filtered" when trying to login to NAR devices with new username and from non-permitted calling client/ip address.

Thanks for you help.

Excellent. Glad it worked out for you. We both learned something.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card