Views
Helpful
Replies

how to prevent following attack

WEERAKOO69BA
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Friends,

One of the customer's ASA-5520 is getting disconect every 3-4 hours and found following outputs and errors.This ASA connetcs to MPLS(to acces remote branches) and ADLS(for internet)

Resource              Current         Peak          Limit                  Denied Context  

Syslogs [rate]           83             87470        N/A                       0 System

Conns                   35859        98666          280000                  0 System

Xlates                    266               919             N/A                       0 System

Hosts                     353               670             N/A                            0 System

Conns [rate]               29             409             N/A                       0 System

Inspects [rate]            11           57                  N/A                       0 System

Before disconnection happen ,I am getting following error

"SA-5-321001: Resource 'conns' limit of 280000 reached for system"

This is looks like a dos attack(pls correct me if I am wrong)I have done the follwoing steps to control the situation.

policy-map limit

class limit

set connection conn-max 1 embryonic-conn-max 1 per-client-max 1

set connection timeout embryonic 0:00:00 half-closed 0:00:00 tcp 0:00:00 dcd 0:00:01

Now my observation is

----------------------------------

When lookat Conns  "ciurrent" figurres keep increasing but "peak" figures doensn't increase  until "conns reach to 98666.

I would appriciate if anyone can tell me how to resolve this issue.

Is there any way to stop the increasing of "conns" figures??

many thanks

1 Reply 1

Rashid Thompson
Level 1
Level 1

can you provide the a "show conn" and "show version"output?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card