cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I wish for a VPN concentrator with cmd-line IOS!=HELP on public IP blocmove

p.holloway
Level 1
Level 1

If you have the time, I would like to run a problem past u that I am sure there is an easy answer to, but I keep running into a major brick wall, every way I go. It basically has to do with changing to a new ISPand new T1, losing the IP block, moving to and a new T1/IP block. Both old and new are up right now on separate 2600 routers, although no traffic is on the “new” T yet. All my remote sites (around 25)VPN back to a concentrator (3015) which has an outside public address from the ISP that is going away.(as soon as I get them all switched over) The problem is the fact that, like I would normally do, I can’t have a one time “cut-over” and change all the sites. I need to find a way to migrate, slowly, over a few weeks, these satellite sites, which must stay up 24/7. I thought that it was going to be as simple (since I brought the second T up on a seperate router), as adding a secondary address from the “new” block onto the concentrators public interface...??? Then slowly pointing each client (hard 3002s and some soft) to this address, then, when all were moved, dropping the old T and the $1,000.00 a month it is costing. Of course,there is no “IP address secondary” command on the 3015. Could I utilize the 3rd interface for the new block?? I wish it had the same command-line as router IOS. By the way, the old T is dedicated, the new is frame-relay. My solution of last resort is to build a shadow VPN config. from the 3015 onto a PIX515R I have, and terminate on it. Then put the new public ip address on the away the 3015 and move them back one at a time………..ANY…I mean ANY suggestions u might have would be appreciated.

2 Replies 2

hadbou
Level 5
Level 5

The Cisco VPN concentrator supports two default gateways. A default

gateway for the concentrator as well as a tunnel default gateway.

But I very much doubt if it can be connected to two seperate ISP's.

See if you can demo a linkproof for 30-45 days.

www.radware.com. We ran accross the same thing, put it in place, showed the VP, bought it and then put in 5 more T1's for higher throughput.

Takes about 2-1/2 hours to get where you need it.

Its either that or BGP, which if your ISP is managing the routers, then I dont think you even want to look down that road.

With the linkproof you can have both T's running and move people over when you feel like it.

Basic Linkproof LT 10mbs thougput is about $6500. Demos are free though.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: