Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Install Cisco Security Manager 4.7 on Hyper-V

Hello,

Our customer want to install Cisco Security Manager on a Virtual Machine virtualized with Hyper-V. Documentation only mentions install the software on a Virtual Machine on Vmware systems.

Can we install without problems, and the installation will be supported on TAC if we need open a support case?

Best Regards,

David

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

While it should work (since CSM is basically an application running on a Windows server), it is not a system that meets the requirements of the Installation Guide.

So... if the TAC found an issue related to that setup when you needed their help, they'd be within their rights to say your installation is unsupported.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

While it should work (since CSM is basically an application running on a Windows server), it is not a system that meets the requirements of the Installation Guide.

So... if the TAC found an issue related to that setup when you needed their help, they'd be within their rights to say your installation is unsupported.

Thanks Marvin,

Yes CSM seems that works on virtualized hyper-V environment, (customer have a lab and all test are OK). I was more interested in whether the TAC will support in case of problems.

No, as I mentioned the support would not be officially guaranteed.

An individual TAC engineer has some discretion however. I they felt the case was unrelated to the virtualization environment they might support the service request.

Hi Marvin,

To customer request we open a case asking the same and I confirm your answer. Thanks for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: