Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ios upgradation from version 8.4(6) to 9.3(1)

I have a cisco asa box with version 8.4(6),Have planned to upgrade to 9.3(1).Have read from the release notes & found it should be upgraded to 8.4(7) and then to 9.3(1).My query is do i need to convert the existing nat rules,prior to the upgradation.Also suggest me what pre requisites to be done prior to this upgradation.

Thank you

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

The ASA NAT syntax changed

The ASA NAT syntax changed post-8.2. If your system is already on 8.4(x) you have the new syntax which carries forward into the 9.x releases. So no translation is required.

Cisco did change file structure along the way which is why you need to first move to 8.4(7). Also, a downgrade of the migrated configuration file is not possible so make sure you have a current backup of the configuration in the event that you would need to manually restore it.

Other than that, it's a pretty easy and simple upgrade.

By the way, IOS runs on routers and switches. ASA software is just that - "ASA (Adaptive Security Appliance) software".

Hi Marvin,Thanks..Will update

Hi Marvin,

Thanks..Will update if any issue persists.

Views
Helpful
Replies