cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS VPN Server and Client issues on 1720 with VPN module.

r.mantel
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to set up our 1720 to act as a vpn server for our developers so they can access the DMZ I created with a second ethernet WIC in the router. I have udp 500 and 4500 open to the router and using local authentication. The client prompts for username and password and makes it all the way to "Securing communications channel..." and just hangs there forever. Is there something basic that I'm missing here? I'm using 12.2.15 ios version which supports transparent NAT capabilities, so I don't think it's a NAT/PAT issue, but I am new to this. If someone could give me some pointers that would be great, I seem to have exhausted the config examples on the site here.

1 Reply 1

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Difficult to say what's going on. Can you post the router config, making sure to xxxxx out your outside IP address(es) and your passwords? Can you also run "debug cry isa" and "debug cry sa" and try a connection, then post that output also (again, xxxx out the external IP address in the debug)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card