Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Address range problems with VPN connection

dbeneyto
Level 1
Level 1

I have a problem with IP Address range on Cisco VPN client side:

Like most ppl knows (at least in Spain) DSL Providers set usually 192.168.1.0/24 range for home network access configuration.

On my office there is the same range set (192.168.1.0/24) .

Then the Cisco pix 501 VPN configured pull is from 192.168.1.60 to 192.168.1.70.

The problem appears when I try to connect from my home to my office via Cisco VPN Client that I only able to see computer that I

set up on the Cisco Pix as my DNS Server on the VPN Configuration. Can't see any other computer. It's able to make VPN remote configuration

to conect from a Client to LAN wich the same configured range? Wich parameters do I have to set up?

2 Replies 2

mheusinger
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

the simplest thing would be to change your home LAN to 192.168.2.0/24 to avoid all duplicate IP problems. The ISP will not even know it. I am assuming your internet gateway is under your control and you NAT everything leaving your home LAN.

Hope this helps

Martin

in case it is not feasible to reconfigure the home router, due to the restriction of isp (which should not be the case), another option is to deploy a router behind the home/isp-provided router and runs on a different subnet.

e.g.

www <--> isp-provided router <--192.168.1.x--> new router <--172.16.8.x--> pc

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card