Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IPIP - QOS on a Cisco 828 router

I have configured two IPIP VPN tunnels from the main office to the branch offices. I would like to apply QOS for specific traffic and when I go in to the Tunnel interface to apply the QOS Pre-classify command I couldn't find it.

I am aware that this command is a must to mark the packets for QOS before routing through the tunnel. I believe my IOS doesn't support this. I read through lots of documents regarding QOS and it says this command is supported in all the IOS release after 12.3.

I am not sure whether I am missing something.

So I am just wondering do I need to buy a different IOS. If YES then how shall I buy it.

If any of you have got a IOS that supports QOS-PRECLASSFIY command will you be able to send it across to me.

I have already spent a lot of time and it is getting really important.

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Below is the IOS version on the Cisco 828 router:

Cisco Internetwork Operating System Software

IOS (tm) C828 Software (C828-K9OSY6-M), Version 12.3(10a), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2

)

Copyright (c) 1986-2004 by cisco Systems, Inc.

Compiled Fri 22-Oct-04 23:33 by kellythw

Image text-base: 0x80013148, data-base: 0x80A55C88

3 REPLIES
Silver

Re: IPIP - QOS on a Cisco 828 router

One way is to bypass the use of Pre-Classification itself. On the ingress LAN you can mark the packets with TOS or DSCP and match the same on the tunnel as the ToS byte s copied by default to the GRE header. Hence you dont need Pre classification at all. Let me know if you need any help with the config

Regds

Thank you very much for your reply.

Yes what you have said is correct. The reason why I have not tried that is because I don't know how to work it.

If you could send me a sample config that would be very much appreciated.

Silver

Assume Fa0/0 is the LAN traffic from which has to be encrypted and Fa0/1 is the WAN where the crypto map is applied. Assume the LAN is 10.1.1.0/24. SO the config will be as follows

access-list 100 permit ip 10.1.1.0 0.0.0.255 host

class-map set-prec

match access-group 100

policy-map set-prec

class set-prec

set ip precedence 5

interface Fa0/0

service-policy input set-prec

class-map Queuing

match ip precedence 5

policy-map queuing

class Queuing

prioirty 32

On fa0/1

service-policy output queuing

This is for IPSec there will be a slight modification for logical interfaces like tunnels etc where you have to do nested QoS. Let me know if this solved ur issue or if u need any more help

Regds

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content