cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPsec and Win98 Browsing.

abjames
Level 1
Level 1

On a recent vpn implementation I was unable to browse the remote LAN via network neighborhood after connecting via Cisco vpn client using IPSec to a cisco 3015 cocentrator connected to a 4006 layer 3 switch, private interface of 4006 in vlan2 routed to NT4 servers in vlan1 on same 4006 switch through router blade in 4006 switch.

2 Replies 2

cjacinto
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you getting the Wins server IP address on your vpn client connection (ie winipcfg/all). Browsing would only work with name resolution. Have you tried to browse just the ip address of the resource you are trying to get to? Could you ping by name?

Did you logon to the domain?

You are correct once I had WINS and DNS configured correctly both on the PC and on the Concentrator I was able to browse correctly. Also the workgroup name in client for Microsoft networks had to be the same as the domain name. Yes I was able to ping by name, and I did logon to the domain.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card