Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 1.1 error displaying main page when looking on secondary node

podhovnik
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I did a ISE setup with a primary and a secondary node - basically it works fine.

My problem is when looking on th secondary node I get a certificate-error pointing that for looking on that page the browser gets information from the primary node which makes the browser not to display the info. On the primary it works fine.

First I used self-signe certificates, later I installed certificates frm the local CA - the problem stayed the same.

I tried with IE, Firefox and Chrome.

When changing the primary/secondary role the problem moved always to the actual secondary node.

Has anyone an idea what to do here?

Andreas

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you are using self signed certs then you need to login to the seconeary node, once you trust that cert you will be able to see everything on the primary node.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

podhovnik
Level 1
Level 1

Looks like that after clearing with "clear ssl state) in IE9 it works. Unfortunatly clearing the certificates in Firefox didn't help.

If you are using self signed certs then you need to login to the seconeary node, once you trust that cert you will be able to see everything on the primary node.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

Just to add what Tarik helped me earlier with the same problem.

when accessing the secondary ISE use the full domain name, accept the security warning and go back re-login and you'll be fine.

The problem i had was that i was accessing the ise with IP address, now primary ISE is accessing the secondary (where the monitoring node is) with FQDN.

Hope it helps

Etts Equinox
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Did you get the solution for this issue?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card