cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue bringing up VPN Tunnel

jasonfmic
Level 1
Level 1

We had trouble after a brief ISP outage with one of our VPN tunnels not coming back up. All other tunnels came up and configuration was not changed on either end. We spent several hours last night troubleshooting with the connecting company and with TAC. We got to a point where we needed resources from the other company to continue troubleshooting and so decided to work on it in the morning.

This morning the VPN tunnel came up with the first attempts to connect hosts at the other end of the crypto tunnel from end users this morning. Both the remote side and our side remain unchanged. What could cause difficulty with the tunnel coming up but then go away? We have had this problem with other VPN tunnels in the past where it seemed to only work after the tunnel configuration was removed and readded on the remote end. We've also had difficulty setting up new VPN connections with virtually the same messages in the log.

4 Replies 4

jasonfmic
Level 1
Level 1

Here is example log output.

jasonfmic
Level 1
Level 1

Here is the config of our 2811

jasonfmic
Level 1
Level 1

We just experienced a brief outage again and are again having the same trouble connecting this tunnel. Any ideas?

Jason

I believe that I have seen symptoms similar to this before. It would seem that there might be something out of sync with the working keys. I would suggest that you clear the ISAKMP SAs and the IPSec SAs.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: