Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

LMS 2.5

I have installled LMS 2.5 I can discover devices and display them with CM Topology Services, but they don?t change its color from green to red if I switch off the power of the devices (p. example). Is it normal or it?s a bug and I need to patch the software.

4 REPLIES

Re: LMS 2.5

Campus Manager doesn't react immediatly while the status of your devices changes. CM polls devices periodically (every hour or every some hours). And if it detects that device unreachable during the polling, it will be green. CM is not the tool for real-time fault diagnostics such NNM!

I had the same question , but is it not possible to poll quicker the devices, or is this to dangerous

It is possible. CM periodically polling the devices that it knows (minor acquisition) - 1 hour by default. And every 4 hours (default) polls the network and attempts to discover new devices. It is possible to poll quicker, but it is ineffective.

It's important to understand: the CM IS NOT a tool for real-time monitoring! It will not detect the "interface down", only the "devie unreachable".

Use DFM for real-time monitoring the devices (reacability, status, performance, etc). It polls devices every few minutes.

Cisco Employee

If you poll too frequently you can cause problems with CM and UT discoveries overlapping. One may run into the other and then creating a mess.

As posted above, CM isn't really a real time indicator, DFM would be the best option for that.

Views
Helpful
Replies