Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

LMS 3.1 - Installation

I've just installed an evaluation copy of LMS3.1. I performed a discovery and wanted to take a look at the map.

When I click any link for "Topology Services" I get a pop-up, which then imediatly closes.

If I open up Campus Manager and go to the Visualization Tab and "Launch Topology Services", then the PLug-in is downloaded, JAVA starts and then I get a pop up saying "Cannot Connect to ANI server: null" Cause unknown error.

I've checked the ANI Server Service and it indicates that it is running, but with the Busy Flag Set.

I would be grateful for any help. or is tha ANI Help.

Cheers

Stuart

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: LMS 3.1 - Installation

Make sure the TCP ports 42342 and 43242 are open between client and server.

Not sure I follow. Do you mean ensure there are no extended ACL's been the Client & Server? or you mean open up the Ports on the server to accept connections on those ports

If the first, then I have no ACL's on the network between the Client & Server.

If the second, can you tell me how I do that.

Thanks much,

Stuart

Cisco Employee

I mean make sure there are no firewalls or ACLs blocking those ports between client and server (this includes any host-based firewalls as well). You should be able to telnet to both of those ports from the client, and get a successful connection.

Views
Helpful
Replies