Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2 with multiple NIC Cards

serge.amiot
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would like to know if somebody as an experience with LMS 3.2 on Windows server with multiple NIC.

With a system with two IP addresses, does LMS services will be able to bind on both IP addresses and be able to answer to request made on all NIC IP addresses?

Also what will be the source ip addresses used for each packets send by Ciscoworks ?

Many thanks for your help.

3 Replies 3

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I would like to know if somebody as an experience with LMS 3.2 on Windows server with multiple NIC.

With a system with two IP addresses, does LMS services will be able to bind on both IP addresses and be able to answer to request made on all NIC IP addresses?

Also what will be the source ip addresses used for each packets send by Ciscoworks ?

Many thanks for your help.

Hi,

A multi-homed machine is a machine that has multiple NIC cards, each configured with different IP addresses. To run CiscoWorks Common Services on a multi-homed machine, there are two requirements:
– All IP addresses must be configured in DNS.
– Owing to restrictions with CORBA, only one IP address can be used by the client or browser to
access the server. You must select one IP address as the external address, with which the client
will log into the CiscoWorks server.

Check out the below link for more information:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/3.2/install/guide1/faqs.pdf

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Remember to rate the helpful post

Hi Ganesh,

Thnaks for your help. I unsderstadn we can install LMS on a multi-home server but will lms service will be able to listen for services and both NIC IP. The Cisco docemrnt are not clear about that and about the source IP used by the service in that case.

My two subnets are not routable and a firewall is used as the default GW for each subnet (host on NIC#1 subnet are not able to see host on NIC#2 subnet.

Thanks.

Hi Ganesh,

Thnaks for your help. I unsderstadn we can install LMS on a multi-home server but will lms service will be able to listen for services and both NIC IP. The Cisco docemrnt are not clear about that and about the source IP used by the service in that case.

My two subnets are not routable and a firewall is used as the default GW for each subnet (host on NIC#1 subnet are not able to see host on NIC#2 subnet.

Thanks.

Check out the below link on realese notes hope to help !!

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_common_services_software/3.2/release/notes/cs32rel.html#wp59562

Ganesh.H

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: