Views
Helpful
Replies

Modifying the 'admin' username in CiscoWorks LMS 2.5

johnjamesraj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

Though this question is related to CiscoWorks LMS, but this is very basic one. Please help me out.

I am in the process of installing the CiscoWorks 2000 LMS. Today I had a discussion with Solaris OS ops team on the CiscoWorks installation. Ciscoworks manual says that 2 default users will be created as part of the installation 1. admin 2.Guest. But operations team wants that the 'admin' user to be modified to the custom name. For example, Before I install CiscoWorks , we would like to create a user 'Cw2kadmin' and password would be assigned to it and that would be performing what 'admin' role performs after the installation of CiscoWorks application. As per my understanding the executables are running with 'admin' user and it can not be changed.

Query: I would to know whether it is possible to use different user name instead of admin in CiscoWorks. Is there any dependency on the user name 'admin' for the CiscoWorks to run?

CscoWorks common services install guide says that it would allow only modify the password and nothing mentioned about the 'admin' user:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps3996/products_installation_guide_book09186a00801e8b87.html

Please do the needful.

1 Reply 1

nhabib
Level 9
Level 9

There is no admin user that is created on the Solaris server. The user that is created for CiscoWorks is called casuser. This cannot be changed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card