Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

MS file shares not accessible through VPN 3005

I have a weird problem that I have been struggling with for quite some time. On some remote computers I can connect through the VPN just fine, and access MS file shares. On other machines I cannot. In all cases I make an authenticated connection with the concentrator just fine.

The examples I can give are from today:

A dial-up connection, using a group that is not translating NAT over UDP, can access MS file shares just fine.

My home network, which is behind a Linksys router and NATed, cannot access file shares with or without translating NAT over UDP.

The strange thing is I was once able to access these shares from my home network. Something has changed, and I'm not sure what it is.

The Concentrator is running 4.0.5B. I have tried running on client vesion 4.0.5B and 4.6.3, both with the same results.

3 REPLIES
Gold

Re: MS file shares not accessible through VPN 3005

Erick,

Have you got NAT Traversal enbled on your concentrator? If not, enable this and try again.

To configure NAT-T globally, go to the Configuration | System | Tunneling Protocols | IPSec | NAT Transparency screen and check the IPSec over NAT-T check box.

Hope this helps.

Jay

I thought of that as well. I turned that on and tried again at home, and still no luck.

Is there a guide somewhere that talks about the steps you have to take to make sure that Microsoft services are accessible over the Cisco VPN client? I can remote desktop with one client at home, but not with another. I cannot access shares with either.

Gold

maybe the issue is related to software firwall, including the wins xp sp2 built-in firewall.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content