cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NETWORK TRAFFIC/HOST MONITORING SOFTWARE

Just Kennie
Level 1
Level 1

please I am having serious challenge at work. Our branches are experience high latency and slow link. They is need for urgent BW upgrade,but of course first,the management needs a comprehensive network monitoring and analsysis. They want to know who(user) is doing what(protocol and application), and when(time). I notice cisco routers can really do this (please correct me). I need a good software to do this as my job is on the line.I am a CCNP and expectation is really high.

5 Replies 5

jj27
Spotlight
Spotlight

Enable NBAR protocol discovery and netflow in your routers.

If you want help with setting up flow exporting, let me know and I can provide you with the commands to do so.

Download the 30-day trial of NetFlow Analyzer and purchase an upgrade license if you are satisfied with the product.

It will break down traffic usage by time, protocol/port, IP address to/from, and much much more.

You can get it from here:

http://manageengine.adventnet.com/products/netflow/

After enabling nbar, will netflow be installed int the router or on a server. (2)is flow exporting need too.

Please i will appreciate a step by step analyis. Please i hope this work. have you used wireshark before?

See the attached file for a step-by-step process. I created it for one of my clients.

I have used wireshark but only to troubleshoot packet loss and such.

Having work with NetFlow Analyzer and NetQoS,

I can tell you that NetQoS is one of the best

products out there for analyzing NetFlow.

In my opinion, it is NetQoS is much better

than NetFlow Analyzer from Advent Engine.

NetQoS is not cheap either but comparing NetQoS

to NetFlow Analyzer is like comparing Porsche

to low-end American cars.

iverdelgado
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

test with Netflow, is good.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card