cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

OS X and 3000 Concentrator -Integrated Firewall Detection

JMF0
Level 1
Level 1

My company recently implemented a VPN policy that looks for the integrated firewall on the CISCO 4.01 clients to be on before allowing a connection. Prior to this I could access the network with the VPN from my Apple OS X machine, I am running the CISCO 4.01(a) client and it appears to not have any option for the stateful firewall....Is this why I can no longer access the network via the VPN?....It just goes and tries to authenticate and then comes back not connected....

3 Replies 3

umedryk
Level 5
Level 5

Hi ,

I am afraid you are incorrect. You did not give the full net work set up though, but 4.01(a) is an upgraded version and the problem cannot be occuring because of this.

I just upgraded my VPN Client for Apple OS X and it is version 4.02c

There is not an option for the firewall within the client. The VPN 3000 concentrator is checking for the firewall and if it is not active it changes it to active while the tunnel is in place - this is on the VPN client for Windows.....my client does not have a firewall option so I cannot connect....I can if the check for the firewall is turned off....is there anyway around this for Apple OS X users?

I think you are correct, I remember reading this in the VPN3000 configuration guide the other day. If you make a firewall to be required, then only Windows VPN clients will be able to connect. I don't remember seeing an mention of a workaround.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card