Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

power shutdown on my server location this sunday.

Hi All,

I have a scheduled outage where my server is located. 

Is my Cisco ASA 5515x will turn on automatically once the power supply run back again?  

Thanks for any comment you may add.

4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

There are a couple of

There are a couple of conditions in which an ASA 5500-X series will not automatically come back online following a power cycle.

#1 is if the initial shutdown was due to environmental issue (overheating).

#2 is when there is an extended period of outage (e.g. 24 hours). In those cases, some earlier manufactured units may require a manual push of the front panel power button to be restored to service. See this thread (and this BugID).

Short duration power outages should result in the ASA automatically coming back online.

my e4200 quit after a 10

my e4200 quit after a 10 second power outage last night and I can't bring it back to life!!!! please HELP

ps I already tried unplugging resetting and pressing the blue mystery button 10 times!!!!

Hall of Fame Super Silver

This thread in the security

This thread in the security management forum is about the power behavior of an Cisco ASA 5500-X series firewall.

Linksys E4200 questions would get better response in the Small Business Routers forum. I suggest you start a thread there.

thanks. I already googled it

thanks. I already googled it and figured it out for myself.

Views
Helpful
Replies