Views
Helpful
Replies

PPTP VPN 1841 Router

rebrokenglass
Level 1
Level 1

All,

I am trying to provide remote users access to my network. I have a single router with a public IP address that then NATs to a class B internal address scheme. I would like it so that users can use Microsoft's VPN client to connect to the router, and then assign them an address within the pool of the local network. I have followed a few guides online, but seem to be missing something. Here are the commands I issued to make it work and attached is my configuration (details omitted in some cases).

vpdn enable

vpdn-group BLACKLAB-VPN

accept-dialin

protocol pptp

virtual-template 1

exit

interface Virtual-Template1

ip unnumbered fa0/0

peer default ip address pool blacklabpool

ppp encrypt mppe auto required

ppp authentication ms-chap ms-chap-v2

ip local pool blacklabpool 10.62.1.200 10.62.1.254

username test password 0 test

aaa new-model

aaa authentication ppp default local

3 Replies 3

rebrokenglass
Level 1
Level 1

Heres the configuration. Attached(1)

One this i noticed was your vpn was pointed at the wrong network. You have this in your config:

ip unnumbered FastEthernet0/0

It should be:

ip unnumbered FastEthernet0/0/2

That may fix you up. Give it a try.

I gave that a shot, but I still can't connect to it. Honestly what I am looking for is a way where my clients (Vista/XP/Linux) can connect to the VPN and get remote access without having a Cisco client. My company paid for our Cisco devices, but there is so much issues with associating that with our account. It makes it extremely difficult to actually get the client. Do you know of a way to get a VPN setup to work on this router without a client?

Heres the version:

Cisco IOS Software, 1841 Software (C1841-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.4(15)T5, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc4)

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 12.4(13r)T, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

Cisco 1841 (revision 7.0) with 236544K/25600K bytes of memory.

Processor board ID FTX1222Y1L3

6 FastEthernet interfaces

2 Virtual Private Network (VPN) Modules

DRAM configuration is 64 bits wide with parity disabled.

191K bytes of NVRAM.

62720K bytes of ATA CompactFlash (Read/Write)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card