Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem accessing cisco 876 (through WebVPN) from Win Vista

tnikoletos
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have configured a cisco 876 and WebVPN access from the internet. Up to now when i entered the https url on my browser i got the login prompt from the router and then the vpn client software was downoloaded to the pc (always win XP).

I bought a new pc with win vista bussiness and when i enter the url in my browser NOTHING HAPPENS! the browser (internet explorer 7.0.6.) seems to load something and it remains at that state.

Please help, I am on a bussiness trip and i cant have access to my office...

2 Replies 2

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

As far as i know Webvpn is not supported on windows Vista yet. But a software called Clientless SSL VPN anyconnect serves the same purpose as webvpn.

I have IPSEC VPN running as desired. I have SSL WebVPN and AnyConnect running as desired with XP machines. But I can't SSL VPN login page--just as original poster nor does AnyConnect work. I set up each type to ensure connectivity and the AnyConnect, specifically, because I have 64-bit Vista clients which Cisco said were only supported with AnyConnect. AnyConnect does work with XP, however.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: