Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with VPN Concentrator SNMP Monitoring

patni_systems
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am tryiung to monitor my VPN Concentrator 3030 using HP OV NNM. I have done following configuratrion on my VPN Concentrator for this.

Configuration | System | Management Protocols | SNMP Enable Port 161 Simultaneous Connections 4

Configuration | System | Management Protocols | SNMP Communities Set Community Name

Configuration | System | Events | General Set severity of the events to be sent to SNMP Trap Destination

Configuration | System | Events | Classes Set the kind of events, which should go to Trap Destination

Configuration | System | Events | Trap Destinations Set Trap Destination and SNMP Version (Set to 2)

I have no performance data for this VPN Concentrator in My HP OV NNM. I did a snmpwalk to this concentratot from my NNM server, and I got following error:

<root@prmp1s>/ # snmpwalk -c <Community Name> <IP Address>

snmpwalk: SNMPv2: Commit failed.

I have ensured that I am using correct community string. Can anyone help me with this error?

Thanks in Advance

5 Replies 5

nhabib
Level 9
Level 9

What does this command return:

snmpwalk -v 1 -c 1.3.6.1.2.1.1.1

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I get the same error message ever if I try with version 1. Here is the output of the same

# snmpwalk -v 1 -c

snmpwalk: SNMPv2: Commit failed.

Hello,

I have da similar problem, but I use NET-SNMP. When i execute "snmpwalk -v 1 -c " or "snmpget -v 1 -c OID" (or -v2c)I get the following error:

Error in packet

Reason: commitFailed

but via WhatsUP Gold I get correct answers !

If somebody know anything about those problems ?

Please make sure that the ip address of the pc, that you are performing the snmp commands from, are added to the vpn concentrator list of managed workstations.

In the vpn concentrator there is an automatic ACL which denies all access to snmp on the device.

Did any one try this? I have the same problem. I am trying to monitor a vpn concentrator thats on the end of one of my site to site vpn tunnels. However I think my responses are going out the public interface instead of my vpn tunnel which the request was initiated from. I have nothing on the local network of the remote concentrator to really test that.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card