cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question about Cisco SAFE Architecture....

trbo2nr99
Level 1
Level 1

All,

I have searched high and low on the following question for a master's class and hope someone can answer or point me in the right direction. I have studied Cisco of the last many weeks and our professor asked us whether or not the SAFE architecture has any limitations... After much reading and research, I honestly came up with nothing. I am starting to think, limitations isn't the issue but issues might surface if Cisco's best practices aren't implemented. Any help for a student is greatly appreciated and thanks.

Bob Jones

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Bro

Cisco SAFE is merely a guideline in deploying Cisco’s best practices for Cisco products and those of its partners ONLY. In fact, if you were to read on the Cisco SAFE Architecture Lifecycle, the planning phase should include a gap analysis to unveil the strengths and weaknesses of the current architecture. If the planning stage isn’t done correctly, then you should know the end results :-)

Limitations are not on Cisco SAFE approach, but limitations are always there on either Cisco products or the software version, based on certain given scenarios. For this reason, when you were to read any of Cisco's configuration examples on certain technologies, there will always be a chapter on Guidelines and Limitations.

P/S: If you think this comment is useful, please do rate them nicely :-)

Warm regards,
Ramraj Sivagnanam Sivajanam

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi Bro

Cisco SAFE is merely a guideline in deploying Cisco’s best practices for Cisco products and those of its partners ONLY. In fact, if you were to read on the Cisco SAFE Architecture Lifecycle, the planning phase should include a gap analysis to unveil the strengths and weaknesses of the current architecture. If the planning stage isn’t done correctly, then you should know the end results :-)

Limitations are not on Cisco SAFE approach, but limitations are always there on either Cisco products or the software version, based on certain given scenarios. For this reason, when you were to read any of Cisco's configuration examples on certain technologies, there will always be a chapter on Guidelines and Limitations.

P/S: If you think this comment is useful, please do rate them nicely :-)

Warm regards,
Ramraj Sivagnanam Sivajanam

Thanks Ramraj. That makes sense. Again, thanks for the reply.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card