Helpful
Replies

re vpn

pacsniffing
Level 1
Level 1

Hi;

Quick question

I have a vpn 3000 that i have on the network, but the option that allows us to only tunnel networks in the list doesn't respond the way it should. I have it enabled and it's not inheriting from the base group but if i try to run a trace route to the internet my info is still being tunneled through the vpn and not being rerouted to my remote network do i need to restart my vpn after making such a change? or has anyone else had this problem?

3 Replies 3

thomas.chen
Level 6
Level 6

Create a network list of addresses to tunnel. (Configuration | Policy Management | Traffic Management | Network Lists).Then select this network list from the Split Tunneling Network List menu. Data to these addresses is sent to the concentrator over the secure IPSec tunnel in encrypted form.

Note that MS PPTP vpn connection tunnel all the traffic.

hi Thomas thanks for the response;

I already had the network list created, but i believe the problem that I'm having is 2 fold, if i remove the option in the windows vpn configuration that disalllows the use of the remote network gateway, i can access my LAN but the device can not find stations on the other end of the tunnel so it connects but it's useless cause if i try a simple ping it goes out my gate way and doesn't traverse the tunnel. if i use the remote gateway i can access the remote LAN but all internet traffic then gets pushed to the remote LAN and gets killed by the ISA server because of policy restrictions, so I'm either tunneling everything or nothing.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card