Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote VPN drop

w_basheer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, ..

There are Multiple Remote access connections comes to my VPN Concentrator.

each remote office whos connected to my VPN can just connect with ONE PC only.

when he tries to use VPN software to create new connection he success BUT the first drop.

the solution was to Create Microsoft VPN Connection so that more than one person can connect from each office.

I need to let them connect using Cisco VPN Software NOT microsoft.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

mheusinger
Level 10
Level 10

Hello,

Could you use the firewall/router connecting your remote sites to the internet to setup a LAN-to-LAN VPN?

In case this is not possible, did the clients configure "Enable Transparent tunneling" with IPSec over UDP? It somehow sounds like a NAT/PAT problem in conjunction with "VPN passthrough" on lower end DSL/cable routers. They might only support one IPSec tunnel at a time.

The transparent tunneling can be configured in the client through "Connection entries -> Modify" and then a new window pops up where you can select the "transport" tab and enable transparent tunneling with UDP.

Hope this helps! Please rate all posts.

Regards, Martin

View solution in original post

jackko
Level 7
Level 7

nat-t needs to be configured on the concentrator.

go configuration | tunneling and security | ipsec | nat transparency, and select "ipsec over nat-t"

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

mheusinger
Level 10
Level 10

Hello,

Could you use the firewall/router connecting your remote sites to the internet to setup a LAN-to-LAN VPN?

In case this is not possible, did the clients configure "Enable Transparent tunneling" with IPSec over UDP? It somehow sounds like a NAT/PAT problem in conjunction with "VPN passthrough" on lower end DSL/cable routers. They might only support one IPSec tunnel at a time.

The transparent tunneling can be configured in the client through "Connection entries -> Modify" and then a new window pops up where you can select the "transport" tab and enable transparent tunneling with UDP.

Hope this helps! Please rate all posts.

Regards, Martin

jackko
Level 7
Level 7

nat-t needs to be configured on the concentrator.

go configuration | tunneling and security | ipsec | nat transparency, and select "ipsec over nat-t"

Thank You; you are greate man;

it's successed and i monitor the connections through the sessions; the IPSec/NAT-T is appeared for each user.

Thanks;

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: