Views
Helpful
Replies

Route different network

konn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have two router with following config.

1. Cisco 1700 VPN router

It s running via a 256k lease line. It configured with site to site VPN to a concentrator overseas where the mail server are located. All users will access their email server through this VPN.

2. Cisco 837 ADSL router

It is running via 256k ADSL.

I have the following requirements

When users need to access the VPN, their network will route through the Cisco 1700 VPN router.

When users need to access external web site, then their network will route through the Cisco 837 ADSL router.

How can I configure the above. Can you pls show some sample config.

By the way, what is ideal bandwidth for a site to site VPN.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

owillins
Level 6
Level 6

Policy based Routing can be done to protocols to route a packet based on the destination address/match criterion. Here's a sample configuration.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk826/tk365/technologies_tech_note09186a008009481d.shtml

Another option would be to use split tunneling. But this is possible when u have a VPN concentrator. using this you can define the networks you want tunneled and the rest of the traffic to the internet would go untunneled.

For the split tunneling, can I only configure on the Cisco 1700 router, or does it have to be configured on the concentrator only.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card