cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

See maximum SSLVPN license usage since reload?

jesper_petersen
Level 1
Level 1

Hello folks,

How can I see some license statistics on my 25 SSLVPN licenses?

I'm interested in knowing how many of those have been in use during its peak period?

Or how do you guys know when to buy more licenses, so you can be proactive and prevent that you have customers that cannot log in since there are no more licenses availiable?

EDIT: Oh, may I should tell you that I'm talking about an ASA5510 :)

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Jesper R. Petersen.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can also issue a "sh vpn-sessiondb sum" from the command line to get active, cumulative, and peak session and license stats.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Jesper,

There are few approaches you can use to keep track of your SSL sessions. As far as I know the firewall will not keep track of how many ssl sessions there were in a given day or time, firewall just provides cumulative connections count under Monitoring which also includes RA vpn, ssl, and l2l tunnels connections.

The first most simple one is to load your ASDM under Monitoring\Vpn statistics\Sessions will provide you with SSL vpn active sessions, in other words you would have to keep track of ssl concurrent connections as they happen but this is not practical .

Another approach could be to use a syslog server and filter SSL VPN sessions to be sent to syslog and have a record of daily ssl connections. You may also need to ensure in your webvpn group policy to only allow 1 simultaneous connection to prevent a user to opening up a second SSL session while still connecting to one and use two SSL sessions.

Regards

Jorge Rodriguez

You can also issue a "sh vpn-sessiondb sum" from the command line to get active, cumulative, and peak session and license stats.

Thank you very much.

I'll try the solutions out :)

Thank you all for your replies.

Topula; your answer was spot on. Thank you

Best regards, Jesper

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card