Views
Helpful
Replies

Silent auto-update VPN install

klouie
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a 3000 series VPN Concentrator and I am trying to get the auto-update feature to update and install the VPN Client Silently/Unattended.

-MSI install

-previous version: 5.0.03.0350

-new version: 5.0.04.0300

I've got auto-update to notify and got the clients to download the update but the install part is not silent. We also have custom logos and when I click through to finish the update process, it did not copy the logos. When I run msiexec to install, the logos gets installed.

Any suggestions would be great - Thanks!

1 Reply 1

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

you may turn off silent mode in the file. You can launch silent installation from the command line by using the -sd parameter with the vpnclient.exe command. For example, vpnclient -sd toVPN.

To implement silent mode with or without customizing the VPN Client applications, you can create an oem.ini file containing only the part that configures silent mode. In this file, you turn silent mode on, identify the pathname and folder to contain the VPN Client software, and reboot the system, all without user interaction.

Here is the good link for silent install.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/vpn_client/cisco_vpn_client/vpn_client46/administration/guide/vcA_original.pdf

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card