Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Site-to-site VPN connectivity issues

We are running A site-to site VPN solution between our main facility and our colo. we are using 2 3620 routers with VPN accelerator cards. Everything was fine until yesterday. During the day we noticed a constant degradation with our connection. Ping times were going down as well as server response times until the connection was virtually useless. The connection never actually went completely "down" but it may as well have. I resolved the problem with a simple reboot of one of the routers. Has anyone ever experienced this? It was almost like a memory leak or buffer problem. What kind of Forensics can i run on the routers that may explain?

Re: Site-to-site VPN connectivity issues

If you suspect that the slowing down of the router has to do with memory problems, you could use the show processes memory command. This command lists the active processes running on the router (and the corresponding memory used by them). If the memory usage for a process keeps increasing over a period of time, a memory leak is probably happening. I would suggest that you also have a look at the troubleshooting document

CreatePlease to create content