cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Site to Site VPN goes down on Rekey

dapogsdapogs
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I have a site to site VPN connected to my ASA5510 with a non-Cisco that goes down on rekey. When this happens, I have to rebuild the VPN from scratch. Any ideas on what could be causing this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ivan Martinon
Level 7
Level 7

There have been some known issues on this since both devices cannot agree on a real time to create the rekey, what I mean is that Cisco Gear might want to do the rekey after 90% of the lifetime might have passed and proably this 3rd party vendor will do it later or sooner. But the truth is that you would need to run some ike and ipsec debugs to see why this tunnel is not kept after rekey is complete.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Ivan Martinon
Level 7
Level 7

There have been some known issues on this since both devices cannot agree on a real time to create the rekey, what I mean is that Cisco Gear might want to do the rekey after 90% of the lifetime might have passed and proably this 3rd party vendor will do it later or sooner. But the truth is that you would need to run some ike and ipsec debugs to see why this tunnel is not kept after rekey is complete.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card