cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

site to site VPN issue

gschertz
Level 1
Level 1

Hello I am hoping someone can help me with this.

On a site to site VPN with 2 Pix firewalls. I need to be able to use wins resulution for printers and such.

remote network is connecting across the IPSec tunnel to a terminal server. In normal situations ( rdp across the internet for example) the terminal server will pick up and use your local printers. Across the IPSec tunnel it is not. THis is one of the things I realy need to have happen. The other involves applications set to use network printers, but cannot access the remote network printers. AS that is not working at this time, I tried to setup the remote network printers on the terminal server. The terminal server appears to set the printers up ok, but I can not print to the remote network printers. spool file shows the connection open but it never sends to the printer.

Any advice will be appriciated

thanks Gene

1 Reply 1

frabonir
Level 1
Level 1

What traffic are you allowing through the VPN tunnel in your access-list? Usually when I see this problem the access list is set up too restrictive and is not allowing the traffic to pass,

Have you done any syslogging or debug logging to see where the traffic is being denied?

If I can give any addtional assistance please feel free to ask.

Rich

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: