Views
Helpful
Replies

site to site with 501

manilla77
Level 1
Level 1

Long time reader, first time post.

I am trying to create a site-to-site tunnel between two 501 PIXs. I have rummaged through multiple forums and Cisco white papers and I cannot create this tunnel. Any help would be appreciated.

I have done a debug crypto ipsec and debug crypto isakmp. I get nothing on both sides…just a cursor blinking back at me.

Attached are my configs.

thanks in advance,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ajagadee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi David,

Couple of things:

1. Make sure that you have logging enabled to see the debugs.

Logging on

Logging Buffered Debugging

2. Also, where are you initiating the IPSEC Traffic. It has to be from a host behind the Pix 501. You cannot initiate IPSEC Traffic from the pix itself.

Regards,

Arul

*Pls rate if it helps*

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/pix/pix63/command/reference/gl.html#wp1028090

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

ajagadee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi David,

Couple of things:

1. Make sure that you have logging enabled to see the debugs.

Logging on

Logging Buffered Debugging

2. Also, where are you initiating the IPSEC Traffic. It has to be from a host behind the Pix 501. You cannot initiate IPSEC Traffic from the pix itself.

Regards,

Arul

*Pls rate if it helps*

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/pix/pix63/command/reference/gl.html#wp1028090

I was just getting ready to reply to my original post. I think by posting, it scared the VPN tunnel into working. Not sure what I did, but its working. I think possibly clearing crypto ipsec sa and clear crypto isakmp sa helped even though I had tried this before. Thank you very much for the quick response.

Case closed!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card