Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Site VPN issues between ASA and Linksys AG241

Hi.

My site-to-site VPN between the head office ASA5510 and remote site Linksys ADSL2 Gateway (AG241v2) is unstable. It connects OK and stays connected for a few days but then goes down and wont come back until I remotely log onto the AG241 and reconnect. So I have 2 questions.

1. Does anyone have any experience of this issue and how best to resolve.

2. If not, I have a Pix501 which I can use at the remote site to do the VPN site stuff (though will still need the 241 to maintain the ADSL connection). Only problem there is I only have 1 static IP assigned to the 241 so not sure if that will work. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Rex

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Site VPN issues between ASA and Linksys AG241

You could run debugs to see what is going on. On the ASA, you would enable the following debugs:

debug cry isa 200

debug cry ips 200

You need to get the debugs surrounding the problem (before, during and after the problem happens)

Hi and thanks for the reply. I'm more familiar with ASDM so I've set up a logging filter for vpdn, vpn, vpnfo, webvpn and vpnc with the results being captured by a Syslog server. Will this capture the info I require?

Cisco Employee

No, to figure out what is going on, you would need to run debugs. If you are having trouble with that, or haven't done that before and need assistance, I would recommend opening a TAC case.

Views
Helpful
Replies